Dr. Randall Kinnison, aka Doctor Peace, founded Genesis Mediation in 2005. His mission was simple – create more peace in the lives of others every day. Since that beginning, Randy and the Genesis Team have created peace for thousands of people. While serving the seniors and their families, Randy developed a presentation called The Decision Tree of Aging. He always received requests for the book at the end of the presentation. Thus, Randy and team members Kim Christensen and Mark Duhrkoop, authored The Decision Tree of Aging. After serving families with aging parents, he knew there was more needed. He wanted to create a company that could serve families while they are serving their parents. Randy is currently serving his own mom with dementia in a foster care community, and his dad, who is living independently at 90 years of age.
As Doctor Peace, Randy’ vision is creating peace for over 2,000,000 by 2025. You can listen to him on The Doctor Peace Show. Randy brings over 35 years of experience in mediation, counseling, coaching, and consulting. With over 9,000 hours of mediation, Randy knows conflict and how to resolve it. He deeply understands the dynamics between families. Randy has trained his staff and expanded The Decision Tree of Aging to multiple locations and states. He is an author, trainer, speaker, and professor.
Genesis Team Role:
Founder and CEO.
• Doctor of Ministry, Denver Seminary, with an emphasis in family systems and therapy from work at Kansas State University, Summa Cum Laude. 1993.
• Master of Divinity, Sioux Falls Seminary, with an emphasis in counseling, Summa Cum Laude, 1981.
• Bachelor of Arts, Sioux Falls University, Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, 1978.
Publications and Media:
•The Decision Tree of Aging
• The Doctor Peace Show – podcast
• Oregon Mediation Association
• Oregon Entrepreneurs Network
• Community Association Institute
• Oregon Non-Profit Association
• Austin Family Business Program, Professional Advisor
• Oregon Technology Business Center, Mentor
The Journey with Christ House Church Network, Founder and Leader
Randy was born and raised in Greeley, Colorado where he met and married his high school sweetheart in 1976. Randy and Sharlyne have 5 children and a growing number of grandchildren. He enjoys reading, golf, travel, and family.